openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Adams <matt...@matthewadams.me>
Subject OpenJPA 2.0.0 annnotation processor bug
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 21:16:23 GMT

Hi all,

Just wanted to make folks aware of an issue I discovered with OpenJPA 2.0.0
at compile time.  Basically, certain forms of annotations that you may
define in your application will fail compilation with an "incompatible
types" error when you have openjpa-2.0.0.jar on the classpath.

I've filed a JIRA on it:

The JIRA includes sample Java annotation source that causes the failure.

I hit it as I was upgrading a codebase based on OpenJPA 1.2.2 to 2.0.0, and
thought it was a Maven bug (see
http://maven-users.828.n2.nabble.com/Freaking-out-javac-works-maven-compiler-plugin-does-not-td5016302.html#none).

HTH,
Matthew