openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Werewolf <neo...@hotmail.com>
Subject ManyToMany relations violating unique constraints
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 08:20:03 GMT

Hi,
i am trying to build an API for my company, but i am facing problems:

my ERM looks like this:

InstanceITem http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5002254/ERM.png

actually i am just trying to insert some elements of InstanceItem using
em.merge().
i get a unique constraint violation for Parameter. i have chosen ManyToMany
because i want to "recycle" some parameters, becaused i wanted to avoid
redundancy. so multiple referencings to the same parameter are possible and
very normal for a M2M relation.

All data sets are identified by business logic (unique key constraint).
so i do something wrong when i use em.merge(instanceItem); ?
my mapping file and persistence.xml is appended.
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5002254/orm_mysql_hierarchy.xml
orm_mysql_hierarchy.xml  http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5002254/persistence.xml
persistence.xml

thanks for your help in advance