openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <...@cndavies.com>
Subject RE: OpenJPA confusing classes
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 16:32:05 GMT
toString on all my entity classes always returns the primary key value, so I
would have assumed that find using class type and key would always be unique
especially when using table per class.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Pinaki Poddar [mailto:ppoddar@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 May 2010 1:06 AM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Re: OpenJPA confusing classes

> Can anyone explain why 2.0 behaves differently than 1.x by default?

I can not pinpoint an accurate cause but here is broader observation:
   Stringification and de-stringification of a persistent identity value
has/had lot of assumptions often innocuously hidden in toString() methods or
concatenation of strings etc. My hypothesis is those *implicit* assumptions
that were consistent before are weakening now. Because these assumptions on
stringification did not appear as strongly-typed construtcs, it is somewhat
easier to weaken them as well. I have surely noticed them causing a major
regression of untyped relationship support.

-----
Pinaki