openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA without jta-data-source in persistence xml
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:46:03 GMT
Hi,

I think Rick was suggesting that you use RESOURCE_LOCAL. Slice requires
multiple database configurations and I don't see any way for it to base them
on the jta-data-source element (based on the documentation anyway).

The catch is that the EM can't be container managed (this might depend on
how strict Glassfish is about enforcing that though).

You can use JTA transactions by adding these properties to persistence.xml
:
<property name="openjpa.TransactionMode" value="managed" />
<property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode" value="managed" />

I haven't tried them with slice, but it worked for 'non-slice' usage. You
will want to call em.joinTransaction() to participate in a bean managed
transaction though.

Regards,
-mike