openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unmanaged Object Problems
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:45:11 GMT
I think Daryl hit it spot on. I was able to reproduce the exception from the
previous email and I believe that OpenJPA should be throwing an exception as
pasted below, rather then the one that you are seeing.

Caused by: <openjpa-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-r422266:930721M nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: The given instance
"cache.Entity-106351" is not managed by this context.
FailedObject: cache.Entity-106351
    at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.getStateManagerImpl(BrokerImpl.java:4513)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.SingleFieldManager.preFlushPC(SingleFieldManager.java:767)

I'll open a JIRA in the coming days to fix this problem so we throw a more
meaningful message.
--
Thanks,
Rick