openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA mail-list: entity could not be instantiated
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:20:05 GMT
Hi,
First off, all you need to do to respond to the OpenJPA Users mailing list
is to address the e-mail with users@openjpa.apache.org.  You can also use
utilities like nabble [1] or markmail [2] for monitoring and responding to
the Users and Dev mailing lists.  There is more information on the various
OpenJPA mailing lists on our website [3].

Back to your problem...  Have you tried specifying this Common.jar via the
<jar-file> element in the persistence.xml?  This would tell OpenJPA where to
look for referenced Entity classes.

FYI, it has been our understanding that finding Entity classes via the
Manifest in referenced jar files is not a spec requirement.  It sounds like
a "nice to have".  But, let's see if we can get you running with WAS and
OpenJPA.

Thanks,
Kevin

[1]  http://n2.nabble.com/OpenJPA-f208410.html
[2]  http://openjpa.markmail.org/

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Lu, Shengyuan <shengyuan.lu@
wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

>  Hi Kevin,
>

>   Thanks for answering my question on mail list!
>
>   Sorry to send a private mail to solve my OpenJPA problem. I post a
> problem about ‘*problem:entity could not be instantiated*’(
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openjpa-users/201004.mbox/%3cx2k89c0c52c1004120910p393d3ec3y9ee6411e98ca2a4f@mail.gmail.com%3e).
> I don’t know how to reply the mail-list.
>
>   My hibernate JPA works fine on *JBoss5* rather than *Websphere7*.
>
>   The DAO class is located on *ATMP.ear/DBAccessor.jar*, while the model *WkstDeviceinfo*.java
is on *Common.jar* which is referenced in *DBAccessor.jar/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF*