openjpa-users mailing list archives

From sapatel <sapa...@NEMOURS.ORG>
Subject RE: can JPA Entity extend non JPA Entity?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 15:44:14 GMT

Thanks. It worked.

From: No1UNo [via OpenJPA]
[mailto:ml-node+4837713-719053112-48703@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:20 AM
To: Patel, Sanjay
Subject: Re: can JPA Entity extend non JPA Entity?

You may be looking for '@Transient' [1] which indicates that a field
should not be persisted by the EntityManager.  You may also benefit from
an introductory text to JPA such as this one [2].

Hope that helps.

[1]
http://javadoc.glassfish.org/javaee6/apidoc/javax/persistence/Transient.
html

[2]
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-JPA-Mastering-Persistence-Technology/dp/143021
9564

On Apr 1, 2010, at 10:56 AM, sapatel [via OpenJPA] wrote:

Hi all,

i am new to JPA. What I want to do is I want all my JPA entities to
extend some BaseEntity class where can I define some properites (which
are not table columns) to use/share.

Is there anyway to do that?

-Sanjay

< (link removed)
PVVJTLk9SR3w0ODM3NTY4fDg3MjM5MzMyMQ==> .