openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "McElwain, Paul Benjamin" <pbmce...@indiana.edu>
Subject ClassCastException: All Attributes of All Types Retrieved Into Each Attribute Typed List
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:33:11 GMT
Using OpenJpa 1.2.2, upon a simple retrieval of an entity containing typed lists of other entites
as fields,
I am seeing each entity list filled with all the entities, of all the entity types.

Upon attempting to extract a typed element from the typed list I get a ClassCastException.

This is so bizarre, I must be doing something very basic incorrectly.

To demonstrate, I have included the program and output to extract the entity
and print the class types included in each property typed list, as well as other supporting
files.

I do not understand the logic of the large SQL queries generated by OpenJPA here.
But I am concerned for the performance execution of so many joins stacked up together.

I am also somewhat perplexed about how OpenJPA is putting multiple Class types into a typed
List.

Can anyone see what is causing these problems, or ever seen anything like this before?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
----
main program:  Validate.java
output: execution-output.txt

utility program producing output: ExpressionUtil.java

object tree:  ExpressionJpa.java, ExpressionTitle.java, AttribTypeVocabOffset.java, AttribSimple.java

persistence definition: persistence.xml

database content and definitions:
  expression: select-expr.txt
  attributes for expression: select-attr.txt