openjpa-users mailing list archives

From No1UNo <je...@jerrycarter.org>
Subject Re: can JPA Entity extend non JPA Entity?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:19:32 GMT

You may be looking for '@Transient' [1] which indicates that a field should not be persisted
by the EntityManager.  You may also benefit from an introductory text to JPA such as this
one [2].

Hope that helps.

[1] http://javadoc.glassfish.org/javaee6/apidoc/javax/persistence/Transient.html
[2] http://www.amazon.com/Pro-JPA-Mastering-Persistence-Technology/dp/1430219564

On Apr 1, 2010, at 10:56 AM, sapatel [via OpenJPA] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i am new to JPA. What I want to do is I want all my JPA entities to extend some BaseEntity
class where can I define some properites (which are not table columns) to use/share.