openjpa-users mailing list archives

From leoisiah <leois...@yahoo.com>
Subject "class file for javax.persistence.TypedQuery not found" error upon upgrading from OpenJPA 1.2.x to OpenJPA 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:19:49 GMT

Good day.

I tried to upgrade the OpenJPA my application is using from 1.2.x to 2.0.
After changing the .jar file and reconfiguring the classpath, an error
appeared upon building the application. It says:

=========
cannot access javax.persistence.TypedQuery
class file for javax.persistence.TypedQuery not found
        FetchPlan fetch = oq.getFetchPlan();
=========

The error points to my code which goes like:

/*****
        Query q;
        OpenJPAQuery oq = OpenJPAPersistence.cast(q);
        FetchPlan fetch = oq.getFetchPlan(); // error points to this line
*****/

Note that the said code works perfectly fine with OpenJPA 1.2.x. Did I miss
out on something that caused the error?