openjpa-users mailing list archives

From leoisiah <leois...@yahoo.com>
Subject Null field values after calling EntityManager.remove()
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:14:26 GMT

For example, I have an entity class named User. I persist and then remove an
instance of User.

//
// EntityManager em is initialized before the following code
//

em.getTransaction().begin();
User user = new User();
user.setName("name1");
em.persist(user);
em.getTransaction().commit();
System.out.println(user.getName); // will print out name1
em.getTransaction().begin();
em.remove(user);
em.getTransaction().commit();
System.out.println(user.getName); // will print out null (oh no!)

After I persist and remove the same instance of User, it's fields became
null. I believe this is expected behavior, but is there a way that I might
be able to retrieve the original values of the fields?

Thanks.