openjpa-users mailing list archives

From BenBrott <mattias.ostl...@netent.com>
Subject OpenJPA without jta-data-source in persistence xml
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:32:22 GMT

I have not been able to make OpenJPA 1.2 work in Glassfish 2.1.1 without
having a jta-data-source referenced in persistencexml. So this
persistence.xml does not work because of no jta-datasource (default
datasource in Glassfish is used instead of my setup):

<persistence version="1.0" >
	<persistence-unit name="entityManager" transaction-type="JTA">

		<class>domain.Player</class>
		<class>domain.Account</class>
		<properties>
			<property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/DB1" />
value="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" />
			<property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="DB1" />
			<property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="DB1" />
		</properties>
	</persistence-unit>
</persistence>

This works better:
<persistence version="1.0" >
	<persistence-unit name="entityManager" transaction-type="JTA">

		<jta-data-source>DB1_Datasource</jta-data-source>
		<class>domain.Player</class>
		<class>domain.Account</class>
		<properties>
		</properties>
	</persistence-unit>
</persistence>

So I am trying to use container managed transactions from EJB3 stateless
beans using OpenJPA as persistence provider. The reason why I try to use the
openjpa.ConnectionURL configuration is because I want to use Slice in
OpenJPA.