openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Tony Mclay <tony.mc...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Can Class annotations and xml definitions be mixed in the same application - problem with many-to-one foreign key generation
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:59:44 GMT

Thanks Kevin for the quick & positive response - encouraged me to persevere!

I have now succeeded in combining persistence.xml definitions (to override
db types) and class annotations. Key to this was adding a column-definition
to the join-column of many-to-one relationships (e.g.
column-definition="VARCHAR(50)") in my persistence mapping files - having
done this, the foreign keys are now being generated!

Tony