openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Toffetti <dto...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: SchemaGenerator and connections
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 21:06:32 GMT

    Sure I can, the problem is that I tried the quickest approach that came
to mind just to see if it worked, and that means receiving a Connection in
the constructor and keeping a local reference to it.
    I'm mostly sure such a thing will probably be frowned upon since it can
lead to leaks and/or unproperly managed resources. The current code properly
obtains a Connection in every method body's beggining and releases it at the
end. But since I get the connection from outside, I can't close it and
create it again later.
    I'll try to come up with a better solution and provide a patch.

Thanks for your help !

Daniel