openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Toffetti <dto...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject SchemaGenerator and connections
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 03:43:54 GMT

Hi all,

    I'm attempting to write a Netbeans plugin that should work as a GUI
frontend for ReverseMappingTool, it should be able to let me choose an (IDE
configured) connection, choose tables and objects, select options that
affect generation, and call RMT to let it create Entities.
    Now, currently I have to setup database connection parameters (driver
etc) and a new connection is created internally, even many times to get all
schema objects. But this forces me to add the driver jars into the plugin or
else I get CNFEs.
    I would like to add SchemaGenerator the possibility to work with a
connection provided externally so I don't have to care about the specific
drivers used to create it (they are already configured in the IDE).
    I've created a local copy of SchemaGenerator with these changes and it
seems to work well, is there any reason not to use it in this way ?  Is
there any other way I can achieve this functionality by providing
SchemaGenerator with different config options, so I don't have to keep a
modified copy of it ?

Cheers,

Daniel