openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <...@cndavies.com>
Subject RE: Problem build and run hellojpa using Maven
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:15:28 GMT
Did you add the Message class to your persistence.xml?

I just love OpenJPA error messages, about as useful as tits on a bull:

"..The configuration property named "openjpa.Id" was not recognized and will be ignored, although
the name
closely matches a valid property called "openjpa.Id" ..."

Looks like the same spelling and capitalisation to me, who the hell writes these messages?
The only useful word in this message is "error"

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: hezjing [mailto:hezjing@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 23 April 2010 12:46 AM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Problem build and run hellojpa using Maven

Hi

I have successfully ran the hellojpa sample as described in the getting
started with Netbeans and Ant.

Now, I'm trying to build and run the same sample using Maven.

When the goal exec:exec is executed, the following ArgumentException is
thrown:

0  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - The configuration property named
"openjpa.Id" was not recognized and will be ignored, although the name
closely matches a valid property called "openjpa.Id".
Exception in thread "main" <openjpa-1.2.2-r422266:898935 nonfatal user
error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Attempt to cast
instance "hellojpa.Message@1094d48" to PersistenceCapable failed.  Ensure
that it has been enhanced.
FailedObject: hellojpa.Message@1094d48
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.assertPersistenceCapable(BrokerImpl.java:4377)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.persist(BrokerImpl.java:2443)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.persist(BrokerImpl.java:2304)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBroker.persist(DelegatingBroker.java:1021)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.persist(EntityManagerImpl.java:645)
        at hellojpa.Main.main(Main.java:54)

Here are the snippets of my pom.xml:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
    <artifactId>openjpa</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.2</version>
    <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.derby</groupId>
    <artifactId>derby</artifactId>
    <version>10.5.3.0</version>
</dependency>
<plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>
    <configuration>
        <executable>java</executable>
        <arguments>

 <argument>-Dopenjpa.ConnectionDriverName=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</argument>

 <argument>-Dopenjpa.ConnectionURL=jdbc:derby:openjpa-database;create=true</argument>
            <argument>-Dopenjpa.ConnectionUserName=</argument>
            <argument>-Dopenjpa.ConnectionPassword=</argument>

 <argument>-Dopenjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings=buildSchema</argument>
            <argument>-Dopenjpa.Log=DefaultLevel=WARN,SQL=TRACE</argument>
            <argument>-classpath</argument>
            <classpath/>
            <argument>hellojpa.Main</argument>
        </arguments>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

--

Hez