openjpa-users mailing list archives

From abug <...@tzi.de>
Subject Use external classes as entities
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:50:51 GMT

Hello,

I'm in the following situation: I have a a model with 3 entities and 2 of
them are inside a framework (iCal4j). Currently I try to store both external
classes as properties inside one of my classes (they are Serializable). This
is a little bit ugly and I would like to split things up in three entities
like this:

       ForeignClass1
         /
MyClass
         \
       ForeignClass2

Is there a possibility to tell OpenJPA to use ForeignClass1 and
ForeignClass2 as separate entities that have relations with MyClass? My
first thought was to edit the persistence.xml, but I didn't find any
relevant documentation how to describe this situation. My second thought was
to subclass ForeignClass1 and ForeignClass2, but I would like to avoid this
(I don't really have a need for subclassing). Any ideas?

Cheers,
Aga