openjpa-users mailing list archives

From No1UNo <je...@jerrycarter.org>
Subject Runtime enhancement during Eclipse debugging
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:15:39 GMT

I wanted to share my configuration in case it proves helpful to others.
Perhaps someone has an even better solution.  If so, I'd love to hear it.

I am building in Eclipse 3.5 with Maven 2.2.  Class enhancement is
automatically invoked from Maven using openjpa-maven-plugin 1.0.  This works
great for building installable libraries but doesn't help with debugging.

For debugging, OpenJPA enhancement can be invoked from Eclipse by specifying
'-javaagent:eclipse/openjpa.jar' in the 'Run/Debug Settings' menu.  This
must be done for every launch configuration that you wish to debug which can
be an annoying pain.  I've simplified slightly by creating a new 'eclipse'
directory off the project which contains a symbolic link to the desired
version of OpenJPA.

NOTE: There is a fragile dependency (version sensitivity).  If you upgrade
OpenJPA versions in pom.xml, say from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, the symbolic link MUST
be updated as well.