openjpa-users mailing list archives

From schong <dr.steve.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openjpa version version exception during maven build
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:44:44 GMT

Thanks Kevin - I am the stupid new boy.

I changed the reference and the building is OK now.

I've now got a new problem with my my JUnit test:
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Explicit persistence provider
error(s) occurred for "address-pu" after trying the following discovered
implementations: org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl,
org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider from provider:
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl

at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createPersistenceException(Persistence.java:242)
at
javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:184)
at
org.firstutility.addressjpa.utility.EntityManagerUtility.getEntityManagerFactory(EntityManagerUtility.java:29)
at
org.firstutility.addressjpa.utility.EntityManagerUtility.getEntityManager(EntityManagerUtility.java:41)
at
org.firstutility.test.addressjpa.utility.EntityManagerUtilityTest.testGetEntityManager(EntityManagerUtilityTest.java:35)

Caused by: <openjpa-2.0.0-beta-r422266:903062M nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.util.GeneralException: org.xml.sax.SAXException:
file:/home/schong/svn/ProofOfConcept/addressJPA/target/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml
[Location: Line: 8, C: 134]: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
cvc-complex-type.3.1: Value '1.0' of attribute 'version' of element
'persistence' is not valid with respect to the corresponding attribute use.
Attribute 'version' has a fixed value of '2.0'.

So, I started a completely new project and used the NetBeans Persistent Unit
wizard,  choosing EclipseLink(JPA 2 0) as the persistence library.
It gave me this in the persistence.xml:
<persistence version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd">

I don't have any dependencies on Open JPA now.

- Everything builds fine and my JUnit tests run fine.

I am guessing that there is some kind of wierd interacction between NetBeans
and the Open JPA I was using.

Steve