openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject How can I tell from debug output whether setting "batchLimit" made any difference?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 23:44:46 GMT
Normally, when I see a query generate the SQL, OpenJPA prints
performance numbers after each query, like "[15 ms]".  I see that on
most of the queries, although some of them say "[0 ms]".

I decided I wanted to try to turn on statement batching, as several
operations at the transactional layer need to do several queries to get
their results.  I tried adding the following to my persistence.xml:

  <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="batchLimit=25"/>

When I retested with this, it seemed to have zero effect.  The SQL debug
output seemed to be the same.  Should I see something different if I set
the "batchLimit"?