openjpa-users mailing list archives

From sbedoll <bed...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Geronimo (WAS CE)/Oracle OpenJPA configuration problem
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:20:13 GMT

I have created multiple persistence units/data sources in the
persistence.xml:

transaction mode="local" :
<non-jta-data-source>jdbc/fpa_datasource</non-jta-data-source>

transaction mode="managed"
<jta-data-source>jdbc/fpa_jtadatasource</jta-data-source>
<non-jta-data-source>jdbc/fpa_datasource</non-jta-data-source>

transaction mode="local" :
<jta-data-source>jdbc/wfdss_datasource</jta-data-source>

transaction mode="local" :
<jta-data-source>jdbc/wims_datasource</jta-data-source>

I configured Database Pools for each one with the same name and they connect
ok using the Geronimo (WAS CE) Admin Console.

I added the following to the deployment plan of the EAR. Note the artifactId
I got from the JNDI viewer:

	<sys:dependency>
		<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
		<artifactId>jdbc_fpa_datasource</artifactId>
	 </sys:dependency>
       <sys:dependency>
		<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
		<artifactId>jdbc_fpa_jtadatasource</artifactId>
	 </sys:dependency>
	<sys:dependency>
		<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
		<artifactId>jdbc_wfdss_datasource</artifactId>
	 </sys:dependency>
       <sys:dependency>
		<groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
		<artifactId>jdbc_wims_datasource</artifactId>
	 </sys:dependency>

>From JNDI viewer:
jca:/console.dbpool/jdbc_fpa_datasource/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/jdbc/fpa_datasource
jca:/console.dbpool/jdbc_fpa_jtadatasource/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/jdbc/fpa_jtadatasource
jca:/console.dbpool/jdbc_wfdss_datasource/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/jdbc/wfdss_datasource
jca:/console.dbpool/jdbc_wims_datasource/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/jdbc/wims_datasource

The EAR deploys OK but I get an Exception that the URL is "null" when a JPA
call is made from the EAR.  My Database pools use the TranQL XA Resource
Adapter for Oracle following this pattern and test ok from the console:
             Database name: <db name>
•           User Name: <user name>
•	Password: <user password>
•	Server Name: <host name>
•	Driver Type: thin
•	Login Timeout: default
•	Port Number: 1521
•	Service Name: <db name>
•	Data Source Name:oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource
•	TNS Entry Name:
o	(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host =kpnatsp6)(Port =
1521))(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = <db name>)))
•	Max Statements: default
•	Network Protocol: TCP
•	Pool Size (min and Max): default
•	Blocking Timeout: default
•	Idle Timeout: default
Should the TranQL XA Resource Adapter for Oracle be used only for JPA
"managed" persistence units and
TranQL Generic JDBC Resource Adapter use for "local" persistence units ?

I will try this change but some helpfull pointers will be appreciated ...