openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <...@cndavies.com>
Subject Query Mayhem
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:28:03 GMT
Hi,

I am using Open JPA 2.0 Beta and I have some JPQL that seems to be confusing
the parser. Here is my query:

SELECT ct.assets.queue.uniqueid from Contract ct where ct.uniqueid =
'0000012444686ECC'

Here is my parse error:

"Error message: No field named "queue" in class "class
com.trm.core.Contract".

If you look at my query there is no reference to "queue" in the Contract
class,  the dotted notation shows I am looking for the queue in the Contract
entity's "Assets" vector

Here is the Contract entity snippet:

public class Contract extends MasterObject {

..snip..

            /** The assets. */

            @OneToMany(cascade={CascadeType.ALL})

            private List<Asset> assets;

..snip..

}

Here is the Asset entity:

public class Asset extends CoreObject {

..snip..

/** The queue. */

            @ManyToOne(cascade={CascadeType.REFRESH})

            private Queue queue;

..snip..

}

So I believe my JPQL is correct and that OpenJPA is confused. Or maybe I am

Thanks for any pointers!

Chris