openjpa-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems updating db entry
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:39:37 GMT
Nope, trace is as fine as it gets.

2010/1/22 Håkon Sagehaug <hakon.sagehaug@uni.no>

> Hi
>
> That's part of the problem, I don't get any error or hint from that, all I
> know is that is does not reach the update statement. I can of course post
> the open jpa log I capture with my logging statement. If there a finer
> level
> then trace?
>
> Håkon
>
> 2010/1/22 Rick Curtis <curtisr7@gmail.com>
>
> > Will you post the trace to http://filebin.ca/ so we can take a look at
> it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rick
> >
> > 2010/1/22 Håkon Sagehaug <hakon.sagehaug@uni.no>
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I still got his problem and can't seem to resolve it so I'll try again
> to
> > > see if anyone has any tips. set up is like this I've got a web service
> > that
> > > can fetch large files from either ftp or http, when a file is fetched
> > with
> > > one of these protocols, a new thread is started and downloads the file.
> > > Before the thread is started a new entry in the database is entered,
> > after
> > > the download is complete we fetch the db entry and update the entry to
> > say
> > > where the file was stored and size and set state to Finished. This
> works
> > > fine in a "stand alone" mode. But when we have an application that asks
> > for
> > > the status(say every 2 sec ), by fetching the database entry and
> looking
> > to
> > > see if that state of the db entry is finished, the update of the
> database
> > > entry never happens. The thread that should update the db entry has
> it's
> > > own
> > > EntityManager. The bethod that fetches the dn entry does not use a
> > > transaction, just entitymanger instance.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this??
> > >
> > > cheers, Håkon
> > >
> > > 2010/1/15 Håkon Sagehaug <hakon.sagehaug@uni.no>
> > >
> > > > Hi
> > > >
> > > > Will adding a version and locking properties to the entities help
> with
> > > this
> > > > matter?
> > > >
> > > > cheers, Håkon
> > > >
> > > > 2010/1/13 Håkon Sagehaug <hakon.sagehaug@uni.no>
> > > >
> > > > Hi Simone,
> > > >>
> > > >> The update does not raise any exceptions. I have no version on the
> > > entity,
> > > >> and not configured locking. I read alittle about locking, does it
> also
> > > apply
> > > >> outside a transaction, the update operations is in a transactions
> but
> > > the
> > > >> read is not.
> > > >>
> > > >> cheers, Håkon
> > > >>
> > > >> 2010/1/12 Simone Gianni <simoneg@apache.org>
> > > >>
> > > >> Hi Håkon,
> > > >>> is the update of the entity on the database raising any exception?
> Or
> > > it
> > > >>> silently refuses updating the database?
> > > >>>
> > > >>> Are you using a version field for optimistic locking?
> > > >>>
> > > >>> Simone
> > > >>>
> > > >>>
> > > >>> Håkon Sagehaug wrote:
> > > >>>
> > > >>>> Hi all,
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> I've got a problem I'm not sure how to solve. The problems
is as
> > > >>>> follows.
> > > >>>> We got a web service that can grab files from a ftp or http
site,
> we
> > > use
> > > >>>> openjpa to store metadate about the resource, like name, when
> > inserted
> > > >>>> etc.
> > > >>>> After this we write this information to the db and a new thread
is
> > > >>>> started
> > > >>>> to download the file, after this is finished the db entry
is
> > retrieved
> > > >>>> and
> > > >>>> updated, with a status message, saying that the download was
> > complete.
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> We then have a client the after it sends a request, will poll
the
> > > >>>> service
> > > >>>> using a operation called getResource(id), to see if the state
is
> the
> > > to
> > > >>>> finished. The problem we see is that when the client issue
a
> > > getResource
> > > >>>> we
> > > >>>> can't update the entry in the database. The file is downloaded,
> but
> > > the
> > > >>>> information in db isn't updated. If we issue the request
> getresource
> > > >>>> after a
> > > >>>> delay(2sec), on the client side everything works fine.
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> Is there some synchonization needed, the web services used
the
> same
> > > >>>> EntityManagerFactoryFactory but each method has it's own
> > EntityManager
> > > >>>> object, also the thread downloaded the file.
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> Have anyone experienced this?
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> cheers, Håkon
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>
> > > >>>
> > > >>> --
> > > >>> Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache
> Committer
> > > >>> http://www.simonegianni.it/
> > > >>>
> > > >>>
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Håkon Sagehaug, Scientific Programmer
> > > Parallab, Bergen Center for Computational Science(BCCS)
> > > Uni BCCS/Uni Research
> > > Hakon.Sagehaug@uni.no, phone +47 55584125
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Håkon Sagehaug, Scientific Programmer
> Parallab, Bergen Center for Computational Science(BCCS)
> Uni BCCS/Uni Research
> Hakon.Sagehaug@uni.no, phone +47 55584125
>



-- 
Thanks,
Rick

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message