openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Changing to use log4j logging causes error about missing Java agent
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:17:19 GMT
I've been working ok with my OpenJPA 1.2.2 app for a while.  I'm using
build-time enhancement, and "openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses" is set to
"unsupported".  I had my "openjpa.Log" property set with the "basic"
strategy, not using log4j or commons-logging.  It was working fine.  I
then decided since I was using log4j with other components, I wanted
openjpa to use that also.  I changed the value to "log4j", then added a
"logger" element in my log4j.xml for openjpa.  I started up the server,
and got the exception that follows this.

I don't see why it suddenly thinks I need to use a -javaagent.  I'd
prefer not to do this.  I certainly don't need "load-time class
transformation", if that's what the build-time enhancer does.

[[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default
(self-tuning)'] WARN openjpa.Runtime - An error occurred while
registering a ClassTransformer with PersistenceUnitInfo: name
'dynamicContent', root URL
[file:/C:/bea/user_projects/domains/dyncontent9001/servers/AdminServer/t
mp/_WL_user/DynamicContent/ajz8vm/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar]. The
error is logged along with this warning. Load-time class transformation
will not be available.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Must start with Java agent to use
InstrumentationLoadTimeWeaver. See Spring documentation.
	at
org.springframework.instrument.classloading.InstrumentationLoadTimeWeave
r.addTransformer(InstrumentationLoadTimeWeaver.java:88)
	at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.persistenceunit.SpringPersistenceUnitInfo.ad
dTransformer(SpringPersistenceUnitInfo.java:80)
	at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl.createContainerEn
tityManagerFactory(PersistenceProviderImpl.java:134)
	at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl.createContainerEn
tityManagerFactory(PersistenceProviderImpl.java:59)
	at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.creat
eNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:
224)
	at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterProper
tiesSet(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:291)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1369)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1335)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFac
tory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)