openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kurt T Stam <kurt.s...@gmail.com>
Subject memory leak? - simple question
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:17:43 GMT
Hi guys,

[DESCRIPTION] The code below inserts a 1000 records in the database.

for (int i=1; i<1000; i++) {
            EntityManager em = PersistenceManager.getEntityManager();
            EntityTransaction tx = em.getTransaction();
            try {
                tx.begin();

                // Generate auth token and store it!
                String authInfo = AUTH_TOKEN_PREFIX + UUID.randomUUID();
                org.apache.juddi.model.AuthToken modelAuthToken = new
org.apache.juddi.model.AuthToken();
                if (authInfo != null) {
                    modelAuthToken.setAuthToken(authInfo);
                    modelAuthToken.setCreated(new Date());
                    modelAuthToken.setLastUsed(new Date());
                    modelAuthToken.setAuthorizedName(publisherId);
                    modelAuthToken.setNumberOfUses(0);
                    modelAuthToken.setTokenState(AUTHTOKEN_ACTIVE);

                    em.persist(modelAuthToken);
                }

                apiAuthToken = new org.uddi.api_v3.AuthToken();

                MappingModelToApi.mapAuthToken(modelAuthToken,
apiAuthToken);

                tx.commit();

            } finally {
                if (tx.isActive()) {
                    tx.rollback();
                }
                em.clear();
                em.close();
            }
        }

[ISSUE]
After it leaving this code I end up with a 1000
org.apache.juddi.model.AuthToken objects in memory. I've been using the
profiler, and these objects cannot be garbage collected.

This seems to be pretty the most common use case of using an OR-mapping
tool, so I find it hard to believe openjpa has a memory leak here. Does
anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Or can someone point me to an example
that does not exhibit this behavior? BTW same code using hibernate does
not accumulate these objects.

We're using openjpa 1.2.1.

Thx,

Kurt