openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Thompson" <at2...@columbia.edu>
Subject RE: openjpa 1.2.2 roadmap/release date?
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 23:37:14 GMT
Not a late response at all!

I actually checked in both JIRA and the wiki to see if there were any dates.  Maybe just have
a link in http://openjpa.apache.org/release-management.html mentioning to check dates in JIRA?

But I'm excited to hear it's in the next month or so.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dick [mailto:michael.d.dick@gmail.com]
Sent: Tue 1/5/2010 5:54 PM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Re: openjpa 1.2.2 roadmap/release date?

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late response, still trying to catch up on email from the
Holidays.

We're overdue for a 1.2.2 release (and I'm mainly to blame since I'm the
release manager). It can take some time to go through the process (voting
etc.) and I'd like to have a 1.2.2 release out sometime this month (hoping
to start on it next week).

In the future I'd like to have a maintenance release for 1.0.x and 1.2.x 3 -
4 times per year. Unlike the 2.0.0 dev plan I'd prefer to put most of the
information in JIRA. There's already a target field for releases there, and
it'd be easier to target JIRAs for inclusion (only update in one place).
Would that be easier for you to track, or would you prefer a wiki page?

Regards,
-mike