openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Udi <Saba...@gmail.com>
Subject ClassCastException in pcReplaceField
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:23:27 GMT

Hey, first of all, I'm sorry for not pasting the stack - I just can't.
I'm using OpenJPA 1.2.0
I have 2 classes:
class A{
@OneToMany(mappedBy="a")
Set
}
class B{
@ManyToOne
A a;
}

Now, at some point (I can't create a consistent testcase..) I get
ClassCastException: B cannot be cast to A.
The stack (typed, so sorry once again...):
B.pcReplaceField()
StateManagerImpl.replaceField()
StateManagerImpl.storeObjectField()
StateManagerImpl.storeObject()
RelationFieldStrategy.load()
FieldMapping.load()
JDBCStoreManager.load()

I'm enhancing entities at runtime, so I used decompiler to see the generated
class, and in the problematic line it appears like a cast for a field.

Anyone knows how can it happen (and even more interesting - how to solve the
problem? :) )

Thanks,
Udi