openjpa-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE loading fields of one-to-many collection
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:18:23 GMT
This probably would have helped earlier in debugging.... try setting
openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses=unsupported in your persistence.xml. This
will cause OpenJPA throw an exception when an unenhanced in encountered by
the runtime.

-- 
Thanks,
Rick

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM, KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) <dk068x@att.com>wrote:

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
> > Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:23 AM
> > To: users@openjpa.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: NPE loading fields of one-to-many collection
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
> > > Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 12:45 PM
> > > To: users@openjpa.apache.org
> > > Subject: NPE loading fields of one-to-many collection
> > >
> > > Using OpenJPA 1.2.1, presently with neither load-time or build-time
> > > enhancement, for different reasons.  I have a ticket open for my
> > > build-time enhancement issues.  It could be that since OpenJPA
> > doesn't
> > > support running without enhancement, I won't be able to make any
> > > significant progress on this until my issues with build-time
> > > enhancement
> > > are resolved.
> > >
> > > I have mapped two simple classes, and I'm now trying to test the
> > > mappings.  Each class has one relationship attribute.  The first one
> > > relates to the second one, and the second one has a recursive
> > > relationship.  Each one of these relationships is done with a join
> > > table.  I believe I've specified the correct annotations and orm.xml
> > > settings to do this mapping.  I tried running the generated SQL I
> saw
> > > for the relationship, and it appears to give me a reasonable result.
> > >
> > > I think the first relationship is working fine, but the second one
> is
> > > giving me trouble.  When I run a request where the second
> > relationship
> > > ends up being empty, it works fine.  If it's not empty, I see the
> > > following unhelpful message:
> > >
> > >   WARNING: WebApplicationException has been caught : cause is
> > > java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> If it matters, I've now finished making sure that the build-time
> enhanced classes made it into the WAR, and I've now upgraded to JDK16
> and WebLogic 10.3.2, but the behavior is identical.  Unless someone has
> some ideas, I guess I'll try to move forward with a Derby test case.
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message