openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: Fetch plan question
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:00:48 GMT
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Daryl,
>  Prepared Query Cache is used when a JPQL query is executed *more than
> once*.

Thanks for the explanation. I was under the impression (at least with 1.2.1)
that the query cache cannot be enabled unless data cache is enabled. I did
not enable data cache (and I'm assuming the default for 2.0 is disabled).

The parametrization of the cached SQL is not
> always possible -- especially for IN expression parameters which can vary
> in
> number of parameters on successive executions.

I noticed that the queries generated are of the form "where (o.id = 1 or
o.id = 2 or o.id = 3)" rather than "where o.id in (1, 2, 3)". Any reason for
this?

>  So, can you please post the test that failed with
> openjpa.jdbc.QuerySQLCache=true?
>  Also mention which version of OpenJPA was used for the test.

My current production code is 1.2.1 based. I have to pull things apart a bit
to run it with 2.0M3. I'm too busy right now, but I'll try to squeeze it in
sometime over the next couple of weeks.

--
Daryl Stultz