openjpa-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject RE: NPE loading fields of one-to-many collection
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:27:13 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rick Curtis [mailto:curtisr7@gmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:18 PM
> To: users@openjpa.apache.org
> Subject: Re: NPE loading fields of one-to-many collection
> 
> This probably would have helped earlier in debugging.... try setting
> openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses=unsupported in your persistence.xml.
> This
> will cause OpenJPA throw an exception when an unenhanced in
encountered
> by
> the runtime.

Done.  At least that confirms that it's loading my build-time enhanced
classes.  No help on the NPE, however.

I just printed the Derby "Getting Started" manual. :)

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM, KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
> <dk068x@att.com>wrote:
> 
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
> > > Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:23 AM
> > > To: users@openjpa.apache.org
> > > Subject: RE: NPE loading fields of one-to-many collection
> > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)
> > > > Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 12:45 PM
> > > > To: users@openjpa.apache.org
> > > > Subject: NPE loading fields of one-to-many collection
> > > >
> > > > Using OpenJPA 1.2.1, presently with neither load-time or build-
> time
> > > > enhancement, for different reasons.  I have a ticket open for my
> > > > build-time enhancement issues.  It could be that since OpenJPA
> > > doesn't
> > > > support running without enhancement, I won't be able to make any
> > > > significant progress on this until my issues with build-time
> > > > enhancement
> > > > are resolved.
> > > >
> > > > I have mapped two simple classes, and I'm now trying to test the
> > > > mappings.  Each class has one relationship attribute.  The first
> one
> > > > relates to the second one, and the second one has a recursive
> > > > relationship.  Each one of these relationships is done with a
> join
> > > > table.  I believe I've specified the correct annotations and
> orm.xml
> > > > settings to do this mapping.  I tried running the generated SQL
I
> > saw
> > > > for the relationship, and it appears to give me a reasonable
> result.
> > > >
> > > > I think the first relationship is working fine, but the second
> one
> > is
> > > > giving me trouble.  When I run a request where the second
> > > relationship
> > > > ends up being empty, it works fine.  If it's not empty, I see
the
> > > > following unhelpful message:
> > > >
> > > >   WARNING: WebApplicationException has been caught : cause is
> > > > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >
> > If it matters, I've now finished making sure that the build-time
> > enhanced classes made it into the WAR, and I've now upgraded to
JDK16
> > and WebLogic 10.3.2, but the behavior is identical.  Unless someone
> has
> > some ideas, I guess I'll try to move forward with a Derby test case.
> >

Mime
View raw message