openjpa-users mailing list archives

From ljnelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MappedSuperclasses?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:01:41 GMT

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Pinaki Poddar [via OpenJPA] <
ml-node+4143599-1967080018@n2.nabble.com<ml-node%2B4143599-1967080018@n2.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> > It is used both to determine whether a class should be an @Embedded, and
> it is also used to determine > whether a class should be a @MappedSuperclass
> (!).
>
> You are exactly right. And that is one of the reasons why in OpenJPA 2.0
> there is a distinction via ClassMetaData.isAbstract() -- which in
> persistence world implies @MappedSuperclass.

OK; thanks.  Can't move to 2.0 just yet.  In the meantime I've got it
working.

> I am not familiar with the connotation of the term 'cricket'  (being born
> in a place where major activity is to be glued on a TV set to watch a game
> similar to baseball and loved by englishmen during past century, the word
> 'cricket' means some protracted, useless activity to me:), but from your
> usage I see you were not pleased with the responses on your earlier quest on
> the similar topic.

"Hearing crickets" is what happens when you're in a big, empty, otherwise
silent place, far from any sign of group activity.  :-) :-) :-)  But now
there is activity....

> But with reverse mapping tool and pre-OpenJPA 2.0 and MappedSuperclass you
> may be in that difficult place where there is only 'cricket' -- in my sense
> of the term ;)

:-) Thanks for the help.

Best,
Laird