openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Vorburger" <mvorbur...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject RE: Fetch plan question
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:57:27 GMT
Jean-Baptiste,

I realized that in our own in-house "framework to simply to the max the
use of fetchPlan" (just like yours... and ours?) we must be doing the
same, so I refereshed my memories by looking back at that code for you
(written over a year ago) and suddenly remembered that indeed there is a
little "trick", you have to:

   fp.removeFetchGroup(FetchGroup.NAME_DEFAULT);

Because (quote from doc) "any field that is eagerly loaded according to
the JPA metadata rules into the built-in default fetch group. As its
name implies, the default fetch group is active by default. You may also
define your own..."

Does this help?  If yes, why don't you create a little Defect suggest
that the documentation be slightly slightly improved to take this
crystal clear?  Once you know it I guess the phrase above is clear, but
if you don't, it's probably not clear enough?  A few lines of example &
explanation may have helped you?

> Magazine mag = em.find(Magazine.class, magId);
> Will it work also with a query and not only with the find(id) method ?
> Something like that : em.createQuery("SELECT blablabla ..."); ??

Yes yes of course.  Make sure you also read & understand the
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.2.1/apache-openjpa-1.2.1/docs/manual/
ref_guide_perfpack_eager.html stuff though.

Ciao.