openjpa-users mailing list archives

From is_maximum <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with NChar in Oracle 10g
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:44:06 GMT

Hello
When a field of type nchar is read by OpenJPA the lenght of read value is
constant and equals to the lenght of the field but if the lenght of value is
less than the lenght of field the remained are filled with space or strange
characters and we can't even trim that string value to remove the spaces. As
I read the Oracle readme about nchars, they stated to use setFormOfUse and
in OpenJPA manual it is said that OpenJPA is automatically uses this method
if it find a field of type nchar and nvarchar but still we have problem. And
for your information, we didn't insert any international-character into such
field. It is also said we can use  system property
-Doracle.jdbc.defaultNChar=true but I am reluctant to set this value in App
server. I am eager to know if we can set system property in persistence xml?

I appreciate if you share your experiences about this with me

thanks

-----
--
Regards