openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EntityManager dosn't release connection in XA transactions
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:42:50 GMT

Hi,
  Looks like the lookup had found something within GlassFish.

  You can try other variants as follows:
  Just to cross-check, here are some relevant config

1. <persistence-unit name="JPXA" transation-type="JTA">

2. <property name="openjpa.TransactionMode" value="managed"/>

   You can try a plug-in string to lookup the TM in JNDI (the value is the
JNDI name of GlassFish TM as per Google search)
3. <property name="openjpa.ManagedRuntime"

value="jndi(TransactionManagerName=java:appserver/TransactionManager)"/>

Also check the value of configuration.getConnectionRetainMode() that
controls whether the database connection will be released after completion
or not.

is_maximum wrote:

> Hi Pinaki,
> I did the code you sent and the returned value is an instance of following
> class:
> org.apache.openjpa.ee.RegistryManagedRuntime$TransactionManagerRegistryFacade
>
> in which a property of type:
>  _registry =
> com.sun.enterprise.distributedtx.TransactionSynchronizationRegistryImpl
>
> is existed.
>
> Does it mean that our config are correctly set?
>
> thanks
>

> Pinaki Poddar wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>   I had presumed that you had configured OpenJPA for XATransaction with
>> correct configuration as Milosz points out. To verify that OpenJPA is
>> configured correctly to relinquish its transaction management to a
>> external transaction manager, do the following on the injected
>> EntityManager:
>>
>>   OpenJPAPersistence.cast(em).getConfiguration()
>>          .getManagedRuntimeInstance()
>>          .getTransactionManager();
>>
>>   That should indicate whether OpenJPA configuration correctly identified
>> the external TM.
>>

>> MiƂosz Tylenda wrote:
>>>
>>> Mohammad,
>>>
>>> There are a couple of notes on XA transactions in the user manual [1].
>>> Have you tried them?
>>>
>>> The javadoc of AutomaticManagedRuntime [2] mentions SunONE as supported
>>> out-of-the-box but not GlassFish, so you might need to provide your own
>>> glue code.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Milosz
>>>
>>> [1]