openjpa-users mailing list archives

From is_maximum <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject EntityManager dosn't release connection in XA transactions
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:43:17 GMT

Hello
We have configured a distributed transaction in our application server in
order to support transaction between Java and .NET clients. The .NET clients
are served by webservices and we are using EJB3 webservices and OpenJPA. The
problem is that after a bunch of service calls the app. server cannot
allocate more connection and it seems the acquired connections won't be
released bu our DAOs. However this problem will remove if we change it into
normal transaction or we use DataSource and getting connection instead of
using EntityManager but in this case we can't join the transactions of .NET
clients to Java systems.
We are using Glassfish as app server.

I hope you share your experience on this

here is the error message we receive:

------
[#|2009-12-21T18:29:24.484-0500|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|com.sun.xml.ws.server.sei.EndpointMethodHandler|_ThreadID=27;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-6;_RequestID=a56fb08a-bf34-4f98-85eb-989ed77b23ab;|Exception
thrown from bean; nested exception is: <openjpa-1.2.1-r752877:753278 fatal
general error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Error in
allocating a connection. Cause: In-use connections equal max-pool-size and
expired max-wait-time. Cannot allocate more connections.
javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Exception thrown from bean;
-----

-----
--
Regards