openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Himadri <hima_...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: How to get selective columns only
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:28:34 GMT

I tried with the FetchGroup & FetchPlan but it didn't work.  I have an Entity
called Employee(name, DOJ, designation) out of which I want to select only
(name, designation) [DOJ shouldn't get populated in the resultList objects]

Attaching my code in Session Bean for your reference.

	public Employee getEmployeeDetails(int empId)
	{
		OpenJPAQuery jpaquery =
OpenJPAPersistence.cast(manager.createQuery("select o from employee o where
id =:a"));
		FetchPlan fetchPlan = jpaquery.getFetchPlan();

		fetchPlan.clearFetchGroups();
                          fetchPlan.clearFields();

fetchPlan.removeFetchGroup(org.apache.openjpa.meta.FetchGroup.NAME_DEFAULT);
		fetchPlan.addFetchGroup("empDetails");

		jpaquery.setParameter(1, empId);

		return (Employee)jpaquery.getResultList().get(0);
	}

FetchGroup "empDetails" is defined in Entity class Employee.

@FetchGroup(name="empDetails",
attributes={@FetchAttribute(name="designation"),
@FetchAttribute(name="name")})

Let me know in case you need anything for this.

I configured FetchGroup from the reference of link given below.

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.2/apache-openjpa-1.0.2/docs/manual/ref_guide_fetch.html#ref_guide_fetch_custom