openjpa-users mailing list archives

From StevenK <sdku...@gmail.com>
Subject FetchGroups and Embeddable Fields
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:17:28 GMT

I am trying to optomize a query by using fetch groups.  One of the fields I'd
like to include in the group is an embedded entity.  When I turn sql tracing
on, run my query, and then display the value of the fields that were
returned, I can see that the non-embedded fields in my entry display without
additional selects from the database - which is exactly what I expect.  The
embedded fields however generate a select to the database to get their
contents - which I am trying to avoid by including those fields in the fetch
group.  Has anyone else worked with fetch groups and embedded fields?  Are
their any restrictions, constraints, or other complications that anyone is
aware of?

Thanks!