openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: Detached entities, version attribute and optimistic concurrency control
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:51:01 GMT
Hi,

i dont get why you manually want to modify the JPAVERSION attribute.

If you dont want to keep the detached object in the session (thats
what we do), you
must at least remember the OID (object id) of the Document, find it
again from the
persistenceManager and then do the changes on the object and
persist/merge again.

Manually setting the version attribute makes no sense at all because
you really want the
ORM layer to manage the version attribute and only he knows best when
someone
modified your data and throws an OptimisticException when this happened.

Regarding the bloated HTTPSession. We just speak of a CRUD based
application where
you are just on the way modifying a record dont you? How big can the
object model
for that specific GUI can be? After that you can easily remove the
detached entities
from the session.

---
regards