openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Fetch plan setFetchBatchSize gives out of memory error when used with Oracle 9i
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:45:39 GMT
Hi,
Is this a trick question?  :-)  By setting the FetchBatchSize to MAX_VALUE,
then you are asking OpenJPA to traverse all relationships and instantiate
all entities that are touched.  If your object graph is involved, this could
turn out to be a rather large result set and, depending on the memory
available, you could easily exceed your memory and get an OOM exception.  By
your experimentation, you have already figured out that specifying a
concrete value works just fine.  So, I'm just confused as to what the real
question is...

More information on FetchBatchSize can be found here:
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_lrs

Kevin