openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NULL in @Id columns leads to "disappearing" objects
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:10:58 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Michael Vorburger <
mvorburger@odyssey-group.com> wrote:

> Can we interpret No Answer on this one from anybody as a Not Support /
> Not Interested / Go away? ;-)

Interested, but in the middle of other things - will take a closer look when
the day job permits me (sound fair)?

> If this cannot be supported (?), would it fair to suggest at least
> decent error handling for null values in @Id attributes?

Agree. At first glance I think we can support this, but haven't looked at it
enough to really understand the problem.

> Are any clarifications needed (c.f. initially attached unit test) ?

The unit test was very helpful. In my initial read I thought you meant a
completely null ID, testcase set me straight there. No easy answer for you
though..

-mike