openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Vorburger" <mvorbur...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject RE: Generate .java Files from ora.xml?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:57:50 GMT
Thomas,

I think you would have to hack this yourself.. probably using any
Template Engine (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_Engine) such as
e.g.  http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/, or
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xpand.

For example, we (at work) have built a fairly extensive generator of
.java JPA Entity classes, from some older in-house model (not an ora.xml
like you are looking for) using Xpand.  As have many others of course,
e.g. http://www.fornax-platform.org/ may interest you.

Regards,

Michael Vorburger
Development Manager, Design Studio
Odyssey Financial Technologies

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Polliard [mailto:thomas@polliard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:42 AM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Generate .java Files from ora.xml?

I have scoured the documentation and I see that the MappingTool works
for creating schema and the Reverse takes a schema and generates .java
files but if I create the ora.xml file and put my mappings in their then
is there no way to generate the .java files from it.  This would put the
mapping into one place and would only require a codegen from ora.xml and
schema-create from ora.xml.  This would keep the mappings in one place
and allow there to be no disconnect from mappings.

Thanks

Thomas Polliard

 This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
 Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
 Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
 An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
 If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.