openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Vorburger" <mvorbur...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject RE: Is it possible to turn off AutoDetach?
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:29:03 GMT
> I tried to turn off auto detaching after commit or entity manager
closing by setting openjpa.AutoDetach property to "false" or to empty
value, but it seems not to work as I expected.

Funny to see this email today.. I coincidentally tried this last week as
well! I got it working on one open EM directly, with this (but read on):

  OpenJPAEntityManager oem = (OpenJPAEntityManager)em;
  System.out.println(oem.getAutoDetach());
  EnumSet<AutoDetachType> d = oem.getAutoDetach();
  d.clear();
  oem.setAutoDetach(d);

but NOT, whatever I tried, with any config. on the
EntityManagerFactory...

> I know that this behavior is not exactly consistent with JPA standard.

Exactly; so after a good night's sleep we're not using above, and found
another solution to our "problem" instead.

PS, if anybody is interested: The problem why we also initially wanted
to turn off auto detaching for entity manager closing was that the
http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/2.0.8/api/org/springframework
/orm/jpa/SharedEntityManagerCreator.html "will fall back to a newly
created EntityManager per operation" for a non-transactional read, so it
closes the EM in its Proxy, and thus stuff detaches before you get a
chance to do anything in between.  We are now going to do what we wanted
to do before Spring does its close() and implicit detach in a @PostLoad
instead.

I tried to turn off auto detaching after commit or entity manager
closing by setting openjpa.AutoDetach property to "false" or to empty
value, but it seems not to work as I expected.

Is there any possibility to turn AutoDetach off?
I'm using OpenJPA 1.2.1 version.

I know that this behavior is not exactly consistent with JPA standard.

Thanks,
Adam Borkowski

 This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
 Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
 Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
 An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
 If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.