openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Temujin_12 <junkeracco...@yahoo.com>
Subject Behavioral Inheritance
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:35:34 GMT

I'm trying to figure out how to use inheritance with OpenJPA, however the
documentation I've read on inheritance describes it being used in a way that
is different from how I'm trying to use it.

In my database several tables have "audit_*" columns to track
creation/modification/author values for rows. What I'd like to do is create
an Auditable interface along with an OpenJPA-annotated abstract class that
maps these "audit_*" columns and provides the getters/setters along with
other audit-specific methods so that other OpenJPA classes that map to
different tables can just extend this abstract class and not have to
redefine the OpenJPA annotations.

Can this be done?