openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Cil-Gamir <hannes.visa...@rmb.co.za>
Subject Re: Locking Exception after Persisting new entity
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:44:33 GMT

Hi Daryl

I'm not closing the entity manager, where should I do this ?

I'm also not familiar with enhancing, my entity classes were declared as
final, and JPA complained saying that it cannot do the enhancement for me if
my classes are final.

If I want to do the build time enhancement, where is a good place to start
to figure out how.

The basic scenario is as follows.

1. I fetch an entity
2. I make a change to that entity and I save it (saving here involves
creating a new entity as i'm trying to version rows in the database).
3. I fetch another different entity
4. upon trying to save that entity it fails.

If I only save without persisting a new entity I can do that the whole day.
but once I create a new entity the subsequent operation on any other entity
or the newly saved one throws an optimistic locking exception