openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Conceptual question on ManyToMany Relation
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 16:05:18 GMT
I have an app where I am modelling users/groups, but instead of
leaving it up to the JPA implementation, I created my own junction
table via an intermediary entity. That way, I just have a one-to-many
mapping from users to the UserGroup entity and a one-to-many from
groups to UserGroup. To make it easier, I added @Transient methods to
get a users' groups and the groups' users. This way I can closely
control the behavior.

You definitely want to use Lazy fetch groups where ever possible in
this sort of setup because loading one user could conceivably load all
of the data from all of the tables.