openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HSQLDB
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:35:51 GMT
I did a quick comparison of the two dictionaries and found this reference in
the HSQLDB dictionary...

        // HSQL 1.8.0 does support schema names in the table
("schema.table"),
        // but doesn't support it for columns references
("schema.table.column")
        useSchemaName = false;

In the H2 (and most other database) dictionaries, this configuration
property is set to "true".  I am not an HSQLDB user, so I don't know if this
limitation was resolved with a later version of 1.8.x or if it is resolved
with the latest 1.9 release.  But, it would be rather straight forward to
try it out by setting this property to "true" in your environment and give
it a run.

You don't have to modify and re-build the OpenJPA code base.  You can easily
do this via a property setting in your persistence.xml file...

<property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="useSchemaName=true"/>

Let us know how it goes.
Kevin