openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HSQLDB
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:42:09 GMT
Sorry for the delay with responding, David.  Now that I fully understand
your situation, it rang a bell with me and I found the following JIRA that
seems to describe your exact situation.

Since this seems to be related to the HSQLDB only, then it is more than
likely due to the DBDictionary for HSQLDB.  I don't have cycles to drive
this problem, but if you are interested in helping to contribute, you would
be more than welcome.  :-)  The DBDictionary support is rather straight
forward.  Each database can have a dictionary to help define what functions
are available.  The OpenJPA runtime depends on the dictionary to determine
whether various functions and features are available.  It sounds like the
HSQLDB dictionary is not processing the schema correctly.

Let us know your plans with this issue.  Thanks.
Kevin