openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query Cache questions
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:08:50 GMT
Hi Rohit,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Rohit Kelapure <kelapure@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I had two questions related to Query Cache. I will appreciate your input on
> these Qs...
>
> 1. Can a QueryCache be enabled independent of the DataCache. The spec.
> currently says that "The query cache is enabled by default when the data
> cache is enabled".

The QueryCache can be independently disabled from the DataCache usage, but
it can not be enabled separately from the DataCache.  The QueryCache
benefits from the DataCache being available.  The DataCache is where the
entity data is cached.

> 2. Can the QueryCache and DataCache share the same underlying cache bucket.
> i.e. Both caches pour their cache keys and cache values in the same cache
> bucket/hashmap.

I suppose you could, but I would question why you would want to do this.
Currently, you can configure these two caches independently.  But, in a
simple, out-of-the-box configuration, you could probably share the same
cache instance.  The keys for these two caches are completely different, so
I'm not sure if that would affect your cache implementation.