openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Fay Wang <fyw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fetchgroups recursion problem
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:44:13 GMT
This apparently has something to do with the _availableRecursion in the FetchConfigurationImpl.
I hardcoded a big number and the whole thing is retrieved. There seem a missing link between
the recursionDepth in the FetchGroup and this field. More investigation is underway...

Fay

----- Original Message ----
From: calin014 <calin014@gmail.com>
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Sent: Fri, October 23, 2009 10:37:46 AM
Subject: Re: Fetchgroups recursion problem

Craig L Russell wrote:

> One other thing to consider: there is a fetch plan for each query that
> may be different from the fetch plan for other operations. If you're
> modifying the fetch plan after the query is created, the modifications
> won't affect the query.

Well, the order is:

OpenJPAEntityManager ojem = OpenJPAPersistence.cast(entityManager);
ojem.getFetchPlan().setMaxFetchDepth(15);
ojem.getFetchPlan().addFetchGroups("State_OutgoingTransitions",
"State_IncomingTransitions");

Flow flow = entityManager.find(Flow.class, id);

And the query is affected because, if i don't add the fetch groups, only the
first state gets loaded into memory.

Fay Wang wrote:

> By default, the max fetch depth is set to -1 for no limit. However, this
> graph is an "indirect recursion", i.e., from State -> Transition -> State.
> I think this makes Openjpa to stop prematurely...

If this is the case, is there a workaround?