openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "srini.krish" <srinivasan.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting OptimisticLockException when dealing with Link Tables
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:56:34 GMT

Hi,
 I face a weird problem with the following relationship.
I have an Organisation, which can have Users and Groups. Users and Groups
are associate to each other.

I have a UserGroup entity, to represent the link table, as I prefer not to
have ManyToMany relation b/w user and group.

Now, If I delete User, the UserGroup association need to be deleted.
The same should happen if I delete Group also. So far everything is good.

But now, when I delete Organisation, cascade is happening on both User and
Group. This in turn, tries to delete the same UserGroup association twice.
This is causing OptimisticLockException.

I tried Cascade, ForeignKey, Dependent in all possible ways :-). But nothing
is working.

I have 3 questions.

1. Is there any way to achieve the above functionality?

2. Why OpenJPA throws OptimisticLockException, if I try to delete the same
row twice inside a single transaction?

3. Can OpenJPA resolve this kind of two way relations smartly? I mean only
one delete should be fired.

Thanks,
Srinivasan Krishamoorthy.